Updating your wardrobe is easy. But frequently changing your home furnishings isn’t. Before picking the right furniture for your home, you need first to find the right local store. This article will help you choose the best local furniture store.
1. Contact Friends and Family
Nothing can replace word-of-mouth, especially if those words come from your trusted close circle. Has someone in your family recently furnished their home? Chances are they already know the best local furniture store in your city. It makes sense then to contact them and learn more about their experience.
- What made them choose that specific furniture store?
- How was their experience?
- Would they revisit the same store if they wish to repurchase furniture?
- How was their customer service?
You may still have doubts about their recommendation. But then you can always visit the furniture store yourself. Instead of scouring the city for local furniture stores, you now have a name on your list.
2. Read Online Reviews
Who doesn’t read online reviews these days? Skipping online reviews is not an option for today’s generation, even if buying home furnishings from a local store instead of an e-commerce website.
There are so many places to find online reviews of the local furniture store, such as:
Sometimes, it can be challenging to tell a genuine review apart from a fake review online. However, if the overall ratings and reviews seem positive, do visit the local furniture store, especially if they have professionally handled customer grievances, if any.
3. Set Aside a Budget
Buying furniture from a department store requires a budget that differs from buying from a local furniture store.
It’s simple. Department stores feature mass-produced furnishings that are less expensive compared to one-of-a-kind pieces. So, if getting an antique table is your priority, then department stores are out of the question.
But do set aside a budget you’d need to purchase an antique, rustic piece from a local furniture store.
To determine a range of budget, you can:
- Visit the local store’s website
- Browse categories like seating, tables, home furnishings, etc., and note down their prices.
This way, you won’t be disappointed when you pay an in-person visit to the store. Remember, there will be additional expenses, such as delivery charges and taxes.
4. Determine Your Preferences & Goals
Remember that episode from Friends when Phoebe wanted unique furniture for her apartment? And she got upset when Rachel essentially turned her living room into a catalog?
Even if you haven’t watched it, you get the idea here. Each individual has their style, taste, and personality. Their ambiance in their home, office, restaurant, etc., reflects that personality.
If this matters to you, choose a local furniture store that sells:
- Reclaimed home furnishings
- Vintage and antique pieces
- Custom-built furnishings that blend personality and functionality
- Pieces that have rustic architectural elements
- One-of-a-kind furniture designed by artisans from around the world
At Rare Finds Warehouse in Denver, Colorado, this is what you’ll find. Quality is another important factor here. Visit a local furniture store that sells home furnishings that will withstand the test of time.
5. Scan the Inventory
This is important for new homeowners. Chances are you’re looking to furnish the entire home. In that case, you want to choose a local furniture store that has all the categories. Take Rare Finds Warehouse in Colorado, for example.
They have everything from dining tables, lighting, wall decors to entertainment centers, sofas, and tabletop accessories. It would be tedious to explore every local store in person. You can, instead, scan their inventory online.
In fact, on the Rare Finds Warehouse website, you can:
- Take a virtual tour of their Denver store
- Explore their architectural salvage, vintage furniture, and one-of-a-kind items
If you can find every piece of home furnishing that you’ll ever need, why drive around the city hunting for various items?
6. Look for Stellar Customer Service
You want to choose a local store where the staff is dedicated to helping you. This is the hallmark of a top furniture store. Employees, there aren’t pushy.
Instead, they assist you during the process by:
- Answering your queries
- Walking you through the inventory without being pushy
- Recommending home furnishings that suit your personality or existing home décor
They have the skills, experience, and knowledge to do so. Read reviews and request recommendations to determine whether you can hope to experience stellar customer service. To experience it yourself, knock on their door and see for yourself!
After all, you’ll need their customer service post-sale too.
Here’s how you can choose the best local store to buy the furniture:
- Get first-hand accounts of the store from your friends and family
- Read online reviews on Google, social media, and third-party review sites
- Figure out a budget
- Take your personality and style into account
- Assess the quality of home furnishings sold
- Gauge the inventory online if they have a website
- Determine if they have excellent customer service