What Is a Dresser And Why Is It Important?
A dresser is a storage system used to store clothing. It can be a wardrobe, chest of drawers, or a combination of both. A dresser is used to keep your clothes organized. It is also important to note that the term dresser refers to different types of dressers.
There are two main types of dressers –
- The sideboard dresser
- The bedroom dresser
Sideboard dressers are usually found in the living room. The bedroom dresser is usually found in a bedroom. The sideboard dresser is great for storing larger items such as clothing, shoes, and accessories. The bedroom dresser is great for storing smaller items such as jewelry, purses, and scarves.
The 5 Things You Need to Look At When Buying a Dresser
1. Determine The Style You Want
The next thing you need to do is determine what style you want. You can go with a traditional style that is a bit more old-fashioned or go for something a bit more modern. If you are looking for something a bit more modern, you can choose one with a more minimalist look.
The choices are pretty much endless, but it would be easier for you to narrow down your choices. This can be dependent on your existing furniture or decor.
- Sometimes, you need to choose between form or function.
- If you can’t make up your mind, ask someone close to you for an opinion.
- Ensure that the style matches the room and the furniture.
- Getting a dresser with a bit of a retro vibe to it is a good choice.
2. Select The Size You’re Comfortable With
There are a lot of different kinds of dressers available today, and each has its own unique design, style, and purpose. When choosing your dresser, you need to think about how much room you have in your bedroom and what kind of space you want to use it for.
It’s important to think about how big your room is and how much room you need for your home’s various pieces of furniture. You’ll likely want a small dresser if you have a small bedroom. If you have a large bedroom, you may want a large dresser.
- Decide on how much space you need in a dresser. A dresser needs to hold everything you use on a regular day.
- Another thing to look at when deciding the size is where you’re putting the dresser.
- It’s a great idea to measure the dresser yourself when buying it.
3. Check Drawers And The Drawer Material
When you are looking for a new dresser, you want to make sure that it can handle what you want to put in it. You need to check all of the drawers and see what they are made of. If it is a wooden drawer, it needs to be strong. There are many types of wood for dressers, but the most common is pine.
This is a very good choice for a dresser because it is sturdy and easy to clean. Also, sometimes the bottom of the drawers are made of masonite or plywood. These are considerably weaker than normal wood.
- Drawers are an important thing to check for dressers. You should check the joints on the front and back.
- The drawer guides should also be made of wood. Metal can deform and lead to jamming later.
- Drawers should have dividers between them to keep the dust out of them.
4. Choose The Right Material
When it comes to choosing a new dresser, you need to consider the furniture’s material. Dressers are made of wood, metal, plastic, glass, or other materials. You can paint them if you want to change the color. Each material has its pros and cons.
However, some people dislike the way wood furniture looks. Choose a dresser with a sleek metal frame if you want a more modern look. If you’re looking for a classic style, then go with a dresser with a wooden frame.
- A majority of the buyers prefer wooden dressers because it is durable and looks more upmarket.
- The material you choose will also determine the weight capacity of your dresser.
- Wooden dressers are a bit more expensive than metal and fiberglass ones.
- There are several types of finishes when you buy a wooden dresser.
5. Check If It’s Within Your Budget
A dresser can be a major purchase, but you don’t need to spend a fortune. You want to make sure that you get the right size and style for your room. If you don’t know what you’re looking for, you’ll probably just end up with something that you don’t really like.
If you are on a tight budget, you may want to purchase a used one. However, if you have a bit more money to spend, it may be worth it to buy a new one.
Sometimes the budget decides what material and size you choose for your dresser. Buying a dresser that is too expensive is not a great purchase in the long run.
- Decide the budget before you go shopping for a dresser. Remember that you’ll use a dresser for many years to come.
- The price of the dresser is perhaps one of the most important factors of the purchase.
- Getting a used wooden dresser is always an option. They are more durable than other types of materials.