Visiting large chain stores that are always bursting at the seams isn’t the right way to buy home furnishings. It’s pretty challenging to get your questions answered and find the distinctive furniture you desire.
These six factors will convince you why you must shop local for furniture instead:
1. Low Shipping Cost & Convenience
Imagine ordering an exquisite dining table from a far-off location. Now imagine the horrors if it comes broken or damaged. You’d have to go through it all over again. Contacting customer service, issuing a complaint, getting a refund and replacement is quite frustrating.
And the chances of that getting resolved seamlessly depend on if the brand has excellent customer service. If your furniture does arrive unharmed, you’d have to pay hefty delivery charges. Some brands also charge a handling fee that’s not included in the total cost of the item.
However, if you choose to shop from a local furniture store instead, you save yourself an ordeal.
By shopping local for furniture, you:
- Avoid paying sky-rocketing shipping costs, especially on heavy-duty items
- Facilitate white-glove delivery for objects that need assembling. Local furniture stores are more likely to entertain this request. A worthwhile option to explore if the furniture is heavy, costly, or irreplaceable
2. Unique Home Furnishings
Before shopping local for furniture, you want to get your priorities straight.
- Do you wish to buy furniture to support your living situation temporarily?
- Or do you see it as a long-term investment, something that can even be passed on to future generations?
In the second scenario, choosing a local furniture store is your best bet. In Colorado, stores such as Rare Finds Warehouse feature unique, rustic, vintage home furnishings. You’d be surprised to know what you could find at these local furniture stores.
Rare Finds Warehouse, for instance, also offers customized furnishings.
You’d have to:
- Name the materials
- Convey your vision about design and functionality.
The local artisans will handle everything else. Some of their items are over a century old or more. That’s how unique the local furniture store offerings are.
3. Top-Notch Customer Service
Let’s say you want a custom-designed bar table. You have the design and functionality in mind. But you need help choosing the material, such as cast iron, wood, and steel. You are also unsure about the table base and top or its adjustable height.
In such a scenario, you need professional advice from people who understand design, functionality, and individual style. Local furniture stores employ people who have the knowledge and experience to help you make the right decisions.
After all, buying furniture is no less than an investment. It will define your space and enrich your life for many years to come. Since it’s a local furniture store, you can always visit it in person and talk to the right people.
- Walk around the store and see if someone turns up to help you explore the inventory.
- Ask questions that you may have. Since local furniture stores employ people with industry experience, chances are you’ll get satisfactory answers.
- Don’t hesitate to inquire about the kind of support you’ll receive, from entering the store to making the purchase and getting the product delivered.
4. Saved Expenses in the Long-Term
Buying an architectural salvage or a century-old antique may cost more than a cookie-cutter piece. But a high-quality home furnishing will also last for many years – generations even. If you think long-term, you’re saving money.
What good is buying an uninspired, low-quality product only to get it replaced a couple of years later? Instead of spending twice, spend once and make your home stand out. Rare Finds Warehouse in Colorado, for instance, sells vintage furnishings. Some of these are one-of-a-kinds. Imagine if that furniture ends up in your home.
No one else will own that particular piece – ever!
5. Ease of Buying Accessories
- Someone who is looking to buy a sofa is perhaps also looking for a sofa table
- Someone who wants to buy a bed frame might also want a nightstand
- Some may need additional seating for the dining table
- Others may need floor lamps, hanging lamps, or chandeliers to accentuate the beauty of their space
You’d need accessories that blend well with the main purchase most of the time. You can find all home furnishings and accessories at a local furniture store in one place. Employees at these stores can assist you with the add-ons.
6. Unmatched Quality
Local furniture stores may not surpass large retail stores in terms of quantity. But they do outshine them when it comes to quality. Nowhere else would you find home furnishings and décor carved by skilled artisans around the globe.
Items like these sell fast at Rare Finds Warehouse. If someone had to describe the quality found in local furniture stores in one word, it would be – treasure.
By shopping local for furniture, you:
- Save steep shipping costs
- Increase the probability that your order arrives in one piece
- Enjoy a personalized, speedy resolution of problems and queries
- Can buy unique home furnishings
- Save money by investing in high-quality furniture
- Buy accessories to support the main purchase
- Get high-quality furnishings and décor